PROBLEM solving and decision making
We make decisions and solve problems continually. We start making decisions before we even get out of bed. Sometimes, we will have made as many as 50 decisions by the time we leave for work.
- Instruction by an expert facilitator
- Small, interactive classes
- Specialized manual and course materials
- Personalized certificate of completion
Despite all the natural decision making that goes on and the problem solving we do, some people are very uncomfortable with having to make decisions. You may know someone who has a hard time making decisions about what to eat, never mind the internal wrestling they go through in order to take on major decisions at work.
Likewise, we’ve probably all looked at a solution to something and said, “I could have thought of that.” The key to finding creative solutions is not just creativity, although that will certainly help. The answer rests in our ability to identify options, research them, and then put things together in a way that works. Having a process to work through can take the anxiety out of problem solving and make decisions easier. That’s what this two-day workshop is all about.
- Problem-solving definitions
- Making decisions
- Problem solving model and toolkit
- Getting into It
- SWOT Analysis
- Making good group decisions
- Analyzing and selecting solutions
- Planning and organizing
- Many hands-on case studies and exercises
- How to apply problem solving steps and tools
- How to analyze information to clearly describe problems
- How to identify appropriate solutions
- Ways to think creatively and be a contributing member of a problem solving team
- How to select the best approach for making decisions
- How to create a plan for implementing, evaluating, and following up on decisions
- Ways to avoid common decision-making mistakes