Abigail Van Buren, the writer of Dear Abby, once said, “There are two kinds of people: those who come into a room with the attitude, ‘Here I am!’ and those who have the attitude, ‘There you are!’”
This course is about the type of impact we want to have in life and work. Participants will consider and define the influence that they can have on their life and work. They will also learn skills for success and how to create those circumstances.
- Instruction by an expert facilitator
- Small, interactive classes
- Specialized manual and course materials
- Personalized certificate of completion
- Common errors and solutions
- Types of performance reviews
- The performance management process
- Setting standards and goals
- Creating a performance development plan
- Feedback and communication skills
- Accepting criticism
- Appraisal preparation
- Planning and conducting the interview
- Coaching and maintaining performance
- Terminating an employee
- Performance management checklists
- The importance of having a performance review process for employees.
- How to work with employees to set performance standards and goals.
- Skills in observing, giving feedback, listening, and asking questions.
- An effective interview process and have the opportunity to practice the process in a supportive atmosphere.
- How to make the performance review legally defensible.