CONFLICT RESOLUTION – getting along in the workplace
Many people see conflict as a negative experience. In fact, conflict is a necessary part of our personal growth and development. Think of when you were trying to choose your major in college, for example, or trying to decide between two jobs.
However, conflict becomes an issue when the people involved cannot work through it. They become engaged in a battle that does not result in growth. When this type of conflict arises, negative energy can result, causing hurt feelings and damaged relationships.
This two-day course will give participants the tools that will help you resolve conflict successfully and produce a win-win outcome.
- Instruction by an expert facilitator
- Small, interactive classes
- Specialized manual and course materials
- Personalized certificate of completion
- Defining conflict and types of conflict
- Spontaneous and reflective action
- The Johari window
- Stages of conflict
- Conflict resolution style questionnaire
- The role of communication in conflict resolution (including information on active listening, paraphrasing, asking questions, and body language)
- The conflict/opportunity test
- Conflict and its resolution
- Helping others through conflict
What You Will Learn