BUSINESS writing that works
We all know what good writing is. It’s the novel we can’t put down, the poem we never forgot, and the speech that changes the way we look at the world. Good writing is the memo that gets action and the letter that says what a phone call can’t.
In business writing, the language is concrete, the point of view is clear, and the points are well expressed. Good writing is hard work, and even the best writers get discouraged. However, with practice you can feel more confident about your own writing. This two-day workshop will give participants the tools to become better writers.
- Instruction by an expert facilitator
- Small, interactive classes
- Specialized manual and course materials
- Personalized certificate of completion
- The four C’s: clear, concise, complete, and correct
- Word agreement
- Active and passive voice
- Sentences and sentence types
- Readability index
- Manners and courtesy
- Practical and inclusive language
- Sentence construction and punctuation
- Writing business letters, memos, and e-mails
- Spelling and proofreading
- Reviewing your writing
- The value of good written communication.
- How to write and proofread your work so it is clear, concise, complete, and correct.
- How to apply these skills in real world situations.
- The proper format for memos, letters, and e-mails.